"Is there a..... FIRE here??" (Name that quote)

February 11th, 2019
1 year, 8 months
Thailand, Isan, Udornthani Ward 

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net

This week has been a blur. I feel like I never have enough time in my life anymore. 

Like everything has opened or is about to open school wise so I've been stressed trying to figure that stuff out but also still be a missionary. I look forward to the day that should hopefully be in a month where I've registered and have gotten everything signed up and I don't have to have BYU lurking as a monster in the back of my mind. 

Other than that, life has been swell! We've started teaching a second English class on Saturdays so we have double the service and fun! It is mostly a different crew that is coming, but I've been reusing old lesson plans so I plan a lot less. 

Trying to find someone new to teach everyday is hard, especially as return appointments start to stack up. We aren't successful everyday, but we are being clearly blessed for our efforts. I am meeting so many more people who are just so open minded and wanting to learn! 

I still find ways to go on small adventures throughout the day. They are really fun but also very different from previous areas. Gone are the khlongs and street dogs, to be replaced with cows and ควาย in fields and the discovery of clearance sections at Mini Big C's. 

On the way home from an appointment there was a field fire happening. We watched this old guy swat it out with a branch, so naturally we went down to do it and take pictures. Turns out him and the 2 others fighting it were also old and tired from the effort. I think it was originally on purpose, but that it spun out of control. We grabbed branches, and later upgraded to a shovel+dirt and buckets+water. Of course when we were nearly done the fire department showed up 555.

The same day, we had an opportunity to talk about the power of the priesthood, the blessings that await those who use it righteously from worthy holders, and that it is through this restored priesthood that Christ and His Apostles performed the many mighty acts they did. We then gave a blessing of healing to a women we teach (Sister โมน Mon), followed with blessings of comfort to her twin sons that are recent concerts (Brothers อ้น on and เอิร์ธ earth). The spirit was very present in the room and we were all feeling it. It was a special moment indeed. 

I am grateful that the Priesthood has been restored, and that through it we have the authority to once more participate in making and keeping sacred covenants with Heavenly Father. 


Fighting fire


Out inviting


Holding it together better than me

What is your lawn ornament?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!