Confessions of a missionary-aholic

March 18th, 2019
75 days remaining
Thailand, Isan, Udornthani Ward 

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net

We have been finding and teaching FAMILIES. Families are literally the best because they can be together forever. They progress together in the Gospel, helping each other along (see the new Come, Follow Me program and associated materials), they keep each other in appropriate behavior during lessons, and they are so cute. Missionaries leave their families for 1.5-2 years so others can be with theirs for eternity. It feels right to teach them as units. 

The members took good care of me for my 21st birthday! I totaled 5 cakes and 2 birthday meals. I also got to serve a lot on that Tuesday! 



Relief Society celebrated a birthday this past week! Why do I know? Because the Relief Society President came up to me 5 minutes before sacrament started on Sunday and asked to change literally all the songs from the ones I had practiced. Through a small miracle, I happened to have practiced each of the songs on a whim this past week (playing it like twice) with one exception, but it was an easier song to sight read.

We went to the bathroom after sacrament and arrived to the 2nd hour with our sister missionaries quietly singing acapella to essentially the entire congregation (no kids and a few others) with everyone else "singing" along. I rushed over to the piano to play another song I had conveniently recently practiced. 

Look for the hand of the Lord and you will find it!


Elder Montague
เอ็ลเดอร์ มอนทากิว
Thailand Bangkok Mission

My group that came to Thailand with me (incl the Mission Pres/Wife) and those that are left :)

Thai public toilet

You teach where ever


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!