Wat happened


January 7th, 2019
1 year, 7 months
Thailand, Bangkok, Thonburi Ward

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net

What a wild and wacky week. Yet somehow I am struggling to remember and piece together things to write about. 

DropapaloozaWe have continued sifting the wheats and the tares, ridding our sheaths of the latter. It never was easy to do, but I would rather focus on the prepared. So we dropped a ton of people again and just asked people to contact us when they are ready to learn. 

FoodapaloozaWe have been fed so much over so many days. We have quite a few people that love feeding us a meal plus, many of them sending us on our way with snacks, treats and more food. One of the people we teach sends us away with treats to give to other people!

WatapaloozaToday, we went and visited many big wats (Buddhist Temples) in what is essentially downtown Bangkok. It was super fun, but tiring (we walked everywhere) and super Buddhist (go figure). I am so much more appreciative of my upbringing in the Gospel. The art and culture of it all was super nice!

But here I am, another day where I have "procrastinated [my] day of [writing my emails]". I am exhausted, running out of time, running out of battery. Nothing exciting happened otherwise. We had interviews with President and he has once again affirmed my testimony in the power of counseling and talking with your priesthood leaders. 
Sorry this email is also terrible Mother. But I have been spiritually and now culturally fed this week! Thailand is great, it is beautiful and artistic, and most importantly, the Lord is preparing it for His temple!






A little shopping



Trying on traditional dress

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!