SOS (Sussed Out Souls)

January 23rd, 2019
1 year, 7 months
Thailand, Isan, Udorn Ward

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net

Another crazy week in Thonburi. Last district counsel, we all decided to visit strong members that we've been working with to follow up and see how they are implementing the new Come, Follow Me program. Most are not555. The same day we were going to visit the first person, our Mission President also challenged us to invite all the returning members to come and see the te  mple groundbreaking ceremony this Saturday (soooooo excited!!!) with some awesome promised blessings accompanying it. So we just kind of did both of them with so many people! This last week has been super productive in visiting members and people we teach!

We received transfer calls last night, and I am saddened. They are merging both of the Thonburi elder companionships into one (this is the second time I have left an area with this happening555). I was the one to open it and I am now the one to close it. I am Elders Thonburi 2.

As for me, I am going BACK to the Isan, this time in the northern stake: Udorn. This marks 5/7 of the zones in our mission I have served in (one being another country). I'm also pretty sure I am going to go be the District Leader (they aren't too good at communicating this stuff). For those following my adventure, I was last a district leader for a single transfer in Surin. It has been so long. But I am not even stressed this time around. 

Nor do I really care- I used to (and most of the times still do a little bit) compare myself to others and my "success" as a missionary as measured by leadership positions. But I pondered it last night, and like it doesn't even matter. Literally my mission has been life changing to me, and no one is going to care down the road what positions I served as when I was a missionary. We all know and acknowledge that that is arbitrary, but do we really digest it? I haven't fully (the natural man is real), but like I am focused on my new area. 

I love my mission and the experiences I have been blessed with and how the hand of the Lord has been so glaringly present. I am going to be sad to leave so many of the people we have been lovingly working with for months now, but they are in good hands. There are some other people I'm not really too sad to be leaving behind (y'all, the struggle to develop charity for everyone is so real), but that is my thing to stress about anymore. My goal is to BLOW AWAY these last 3 transfers I have. Udorn doesn't know what it has coming.

Out with some members - ไข่ และ โอ๊ต

Teaching ซ อ้อย

My shoes are trashed - too much walking ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!