I am an honorary Relief Society member


May 15th, 2018
11 months, 22 days
Thailand, Bangkok, Surin Branch

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)


555  so sorry everyone, I don't really remember most of what happened this week. I can tell you that we had a massive storm at the end of last week that was almost tornado like. It wrecked a lot of homes and businesses, ripping off some roofs and knocking a lot of big things over.  So we ended up spending that evening going around and helping out where we could. I pushed up or moved a lot of full trees. It was quite the experience. I also stopped to save a lot of frogs that were hopping into the road. I just threw them back into the grass.  This guy helped me out and then he and his wife ended up giving us drinks and some durian.

English class had the biggest attendance of my two transfers here. We had wto investigators come back, a recent convert that brought four people from his school, a recent convert that has been going in and out of the city, a few strong members, and then an entire family composed of little children that I had stopped and helped out during the storm. It was very exciting to see them all there and I hope they come back.

 And now today. President Johnson is white washing both areas in my district meaning he is taking out both members in the companionship, and two people will be coming here completely on their own. He is doing this for both Surin and Bruriam- both areas in my district. I am being moved to Minburi in my first zone. Finally, my current companion will be in my District. And I am going back to a big huge district! I am so excited. Tragically, no sisters. But I'm sure it will still be a blast.

 I will be follow-up training, meaning I'm going to have a transfer 2 missionary. I don't have to be district leader or any of the other things I was here so it is a huge relief. I am super sad to be leaving Surin though.  I was not expecting it at all, and so today is going to be all about: cleaning the house, preparing the house and area book and other information for the new missionaries, getting all of our affairs in order, meeting up with members and saying our goodbye and packing.

This week's email header comes from an experience of last night. So actually on the way to this house, two transfers ago, my big duffle bag ripped. I need that suitcase, because it can contains about half of my belongings. I don't really have the time or the budget right now to go and get a new one. So what did I do? I freaking fixed it last night. I took a portion of a pant leg from a left behind messed up pair of pants and I sewed it on to the back. I prayed so hard before and during and after. Because I can kind of sew, but I don't have nearly the experience needed. I didn't really have the time. And I did not know what I needed to do to fix it.  But I was able to do it with a little guidance. How is that for a spiritual moment.

I really do have a lot to do today, so I'm sorry if I don't get to emailing you or if it is a terrible email. I am going to try to do better on Monday, my next pday. Until then, go read the scriptures y'all! I love you!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!