House Hunters International

May 20th, 2018
11 months, 27 days
Thailand, Bangkok, Minburi Ward

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)



I was so sad to leave my last area, but now I am in Bangkok again! I've actually return to the same zone that I was first in Bangkok East. I am serving in Minburi with Elder Alex Keller from West Jordan, Utah. He is the second of two kids and is in his second transfer here in Thailand. His Thai level is helping me see how much I've grown and how natural the language has become for me. He loves computers and technology. I'm having so much fun follow up training him and getting to know this area. It's weird being in a ward again, because the structure is slightly different from a branch. The building is large and gorgeous and right next to our house. 

Speaking of, we are actually looking for a new one.  So two transfers ago, the 2nd companionship that serves here decided to move in with the other set of Elders, because they were so close location wise. Unfortunately, there isn't actually room in the small little apartment for the four of us plus our belongings. Two people literally have to live out of their suitcases, something I'm not really fine with. So I got permission to start house hunting.  That's a picture of me out looking for homes, but it's hard to find time to look though.  For my companion, we spend extra time in our studies and at the same time I'm trying to get to know this area while teaching investigators. Slowly but surely I'll find one because, well I'm motivated due to the current cramped conditions.

Miracle of the week: This week at church a member brought two of her nephews. She herself is a strong member, her three sons have been or are about to be baptized, and her husband just converted a month or so ago. Her friend from her birthplace, Chiang Mai, knew this and knew she was Mormon. She really likes the idea of baptism, and baptism for the dead. So she sent her two older sons to go live with her friend for half a year. We talked to them at church, then got a food appointment with the family that night. The food was incredible, the kids so cute, and the 2 sons were so open to our teaching and the Spirit and want to be baptized. I love them so much. They are going to be such good missionaries😁😁😁. We are best friends แล้ว

Not too much else. I literally emailed like yesterday missionary time. I forgot to mention I was able to talk to mom on Mother's day as that is one of the days they allow us to call home. That was nice to video chat versus sending emails back and forth. I was very forgetful as I was leaving my last area and stressed because of it but it doesn't really matter and the Lord helped everything work out or it's about to.



There's an elephant building in downtown Bangkok. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!