From the past: The Lord's got my back


May 1st, 2018
11 months, 1st week
Thailand, Bangkok, Surin Branch

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)

Oops. I totally forgot to send this out last week. I'm sorry, I hope everybody is able to find it within the depths of their heart to forgive me. I'm rolling my eyes at myself, because this isn't even a big email. Endure to the end.

Not too much happened this week! Way sad: our super awesome branch mission leader has left for BYU Hawaii. We had a little farewell for him, but I am looking to the future with a little bit of anticipation. I'm not sure how I feel about this all. I'm really happy for him, going and getting his education, moving on with his life. At the same time, he was one of the most active, strong , and awesome people here in Surin. 

 It's all good though! We've been seeing some amazing things this week. I don't really have the effort to go into all of them, but I will talk about Friday. Friday, we tried calling up and really getting a lot of people to go to sports night. We had a few people say they were for sure going. Well plot twist- they didn't show up. We did however go around and start inviting for English, which provided the opportunity to teach a few first lessons, and get some new investigators! We ended up playing a pick up game of soccer, with a bunch of random people, and as we left we gave them all invite cards. There is hopefully more potential with that. Also it was way fun and an awesome opportunity to get to play that sport again since Chiang Mai. A member family, who we had originally made an appointment with for before sports night, finally showed up towards the end. There was some kind of tent market going on in the parking lot, so we went into that. The members generously provided us with a bunch of treats, and we were able to talk with them about their faith and their strength and just get to know them a lot more as we walked around. It was a really fun night.

Sunday was interesting. The branch president asked me to teach the combined third hour, to everybody in the church about Ministering. If you don't know, it is the new program replacing home teaching and visiting teaching, a previously successful program of outreach instituted amongst members.  There isn't really much out on the topic. So I had to do a lot of studying and researching about it. Then I had to go and find materials that I could share with the members, in Thai. Which is even harder, because as little as there is out in English, there's even less in Thai.

I just want to remind everybody that the Lord blesses those that serve him faithfully. This is meaning that I am getting tons of blessings, but it also means that you can too. So I would ask that you look in your life and see how you can go and get some more blessings. Because I know you can use them. 

Go and be blessed. 

1. The farewell for the mission leader

















2. Party bus

















3. Flat tire #6. My patience is getting so well developed!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!