Delayed Revelation


April 7th, 2018
10 months, 1st week
Thailand, Bangkok, Surin Branch

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)


Oops. Only sent this to my brother last week. Enjoy all. #delayedemailtoo555


"To paraphrase Ralph Waldo Emerson, the most memorable moments in life are those in which we feel the rush of revelation. President Nelson, I don’t know how many more “rushes” we can handle this weekend. Some of us have weak hearts. But as I think about it, you can take care of that too. What a prophet! (He was a heart surgeon)"

The most savage lines from General Conference April 2018, from ya boy Elder (Holla)nd.

So we finally got to watch General Conference this past weekend. Honestly, it was so great.  I had questions written out beforehand, and I got at least partial answers to most of them. There were a lot of big changes announced, as many already know,  but we in Thailand we're finally able to formally learn about them.  It is my sincere hope that you all got as much out of it as I did.

Part 2 of delayed Revelation:  So it turns out I'm District leader? Nobody let me know until 2 days after we got transfer calls, so I was very surprised. I assumed it was the senior companion of the other companionship in the district, because he is older in the mission and speak better Thai.  But if my mission has taught me anything, it is that you would like to see me struggle (and turn to him for help).

 My next pday is this Friday, April 13th. It is the first day of Songkran, which is Thailand's huge water festival. It's gonna get turnt. 

 If you haven't already, I would encourage you to watch or read or listen to General Conference. It is modern-day revelation through the Lord's mouthpieces, meaning the profit, Apostles, and other leaders who have stewardship over the church.  The only difference between General Conference and the scriptures is that it is a lot more frequent, it is in language we can understand, and it is directly for us right now at this time. I testify that the speakers at this session of General Conference truly spoke the Word of God as He inspired them, and He is moving work forward with some structural and program changes. 

 The talk that touched me the most this year was His Spirit to Be with You by President Henry B. Eyring. I promise you that as you read this particular talk over again, you will feel the prescence of the Holy Ghost as he speaks of it. 

What was your favorite talk and why? What inspired you from this conference session? What are you wanting to improve of yourself? Feel free to email me about these things and more! I'm not scary, I won't judge, and I'll be Happy!


Jesus is a blessing to us all,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!