Blessingssss

February 4th, 2019
1 year, 8 months
Thailand, Isan, Udornthani Ward 

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net


This week saw so many miracles! We were very blessed in our efforts to find someone new each day. Some super cool things that happened: 

-I set a daily goal in the morning to find a couple and for my companion to find an individual. At the end of the day we hadn't found anyone yet so we went inviting at the park. I was a little uncomfortable with it because it wasn't super natural, but I found a way to make it work and we achieved our goal!
-We were inspired to turn back down this street to get to our final destination (even though it didn't lead their- it is fun not knowing the area still!). We talked with this first guy we saw, who was getting out of his car. He invited us to tag along and talk in his office down the street. We taught him then he took us on a tour of the K-12 school he is the principal at. We were able to come back and teach him later during the week, where we committed him to baptism! He came to church the next day 30 min late, which we were happy and disappointed about (he missed the most important part: Sacrament!) until we found out he lived 60 km/ 1 hour out. Then we were impressed that he came so soon after meeting us; the Lord is bring us to the elect!
-We were inviting in a neighborhood last week and had the opportunity to teach an adult brother and sister who live together. We scheduled our return appointment for when the rest of their family was there. We went and there they were! With like no introduction, we sat down and taught the rest of the family (sadly the original pair were eating dinner and didn't join us).
-The sisters passed off someone they taught once to us because we are a better fit to teach them. We have gone to the house twice now and have yet to teach the original person, but we have now taught an additional 3 residents and set baptismal dates with 2 of them!
-Just biking through the park, I had promptings to pull over and talk to several people. Though not all of them accepted the message or wanted to meet again, we had a very serious but brief discussion with someone named JR and his girlfriend. She wasn't very attentive, but he seemed to be laser focused on the opportunity to discover real truth for himself.

Truly great things are happening here. I have also been blessed with many tender mercies. For example, I used up the rest of my money in paying for transport for 3 people and our things up to Udorn. This is an expense that a house fund would reimburse me for. But the house fund that was supposed to do that was also out of money and waiting to be reimbursed. So for 8 days I had no money for food. Without us asking (except once or twice), I had almost every single lunch and dinner given to us by members. I felt like the widow in 1 Kings 17.

A cat invaded our house and we struggled with getting the scared animal out. He was not cooperating and exiting out of ANY of the open doors. We were victorious in the end.

Speaking of our house, it is very spooky. Spirits are a somewhat common things here; besides most Thais having some kind of encounter they can share, many missionaries do too. I am glad to be a priesthood holder when things get a little extra intense.

We finally weekly planned! I finally feel at least slightly more oriented here. Now if only I can get the streets and shortcuts down.....

A bit of inspiration I had and challenged some fellow missionaries to, is to invite friends and family back home to learn of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. So, my friends and family, 
If you aren't a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I want to teach you! I can video call you, in which I would briefly introduce some beliefs I hold in 20 minutes or less. Message me on Facebook! I want to teach you! For those that are members and reading this, I wanna teach your friends and family too so hit me up.

Have a blessed day!



Chinese celebration

Chinese celebration

We like to call them our Udon ducks



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!