Chiang Bye Bye


February 20th, 2018
8 months, 4th week
Thailand, Bangkok, Chiang Mai District

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)


I feel like I have lived my whole life in Chiang Mai. I have been here for 6 months. I have celebrated almost every holiday here. I am friends with so many members and have had the opportunity to get close to a lot of them.  I actually know where I'm going when I bike and haven't gotten lost in the past couple of months.  

Nevertheless, Christ did say ว่า, "for I will show unto the children of men that I am able to do mine own work." (2 Nephi 27:21)

So I guess the work doesn't depend on my being here. I am.being transferred  tomorrow to Isan, tok an area called Surin (สุรินทร์). I am going to be the Senior Companion (555 not sure how that judgement call was made).

This last week could've been terrible (I had a record number of cancellations ผิดนัดs), but I refused to let that get me down. I learned a big lesson from my 3rd transfer- to be happy, positive, and hopeful always. So I still had a great time! These past few days we've had particularly potent lessons with members who became less active by focusing on the Atonement and Christ's desires for us. 

If you get a chance, please study Alma 7 and Mosiah 14 in the Book of Mormon. These are the two chapters we've been using for the spiritual boost lessons. They are amazing!

I'm going to miss this beautiful city, and the cool weather I've had. But I am even more excited to go to the next place where I will continue serving the Thai people and have the opportunity to meet new members and their friends. My time in Chiang Mai is over, but the spiritual fire I've experienced here will go with me for sure!



I love you and so does Christ- He proved it too! Bye Chiang Mai!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!