Jeff


February 26th, 2018
9 months, 1st week
Thailand, Bangkok, Surin Branch

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)

"And it came to pass that they did repent, and inasmuch as they did repent they did begin to prosper."
Helaman 4:15

Well, I guess I repented, because I was just sent to the promised land! I show up here and we have a baptism the very first Sunday. My companion and I have high expectations, standards, and goals for this our blessed Transfer, endearingly named Jeff. I was thinking of maybe calling this a transfer of fire, or of learning, but my companion suggested Jeff and we went with it.

My companion, Elder Joshua Dylan Sudekum the First, hails from small town Liberty Hill of the great state of Texas. He was a thespian, a 6'6" basketball hero, and he has dabbled in magic. He'd like to say he can rap, but you're more likely to catch him tickling someone's funny bone. He has endured 3 transfers already, meaning the mission President, for some reason, decided to make me พี่ (senior companion). So we are  transfer 4 and transfer 6 Elders hoping for the best of it here in Surin. We are the only missionaries in this area, and another far away area comprises our district. Much different than my previous experiences with large districts and areas. 

Surin is located northeast of Bangkok by the border of Cambodia.  The Surin Branch is an awesome, youth filled, on fire branch. There is such a great spirit of fellowship and a unified vision. The members want to grow and share their testimonies so they refer their friends, bringing them unto the fold. I'm so excited to be here, and surprise- this is THE area for elephants in the mission. So you know what I'm doing on my birthday!




For pday today we went to ช่องจอม, a massive market-city on the border of Cambodia. We took a few pictures at Cambodia (We even touched it!) and had lots of fun shopping through some really good quality fakes. I also bought a bag of 8 large mangos for 100฿ or about $3.50. So things are pretty exciting. 





A cool experience I've had in these past few days with my studies: focusing on a topic during my continued readings, and getting much out of readings concerning said topic! The Lord will help us learn when we are ready, willing, and open. So my challenge to you is to take an issue or something that you have are wondering about,  make that a focus and go study it out!

I love you all! I am so excited that I have been transferred to this area!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!