I'm not Tiger-ed of here yet!

November 11th, 2017
5 months, 3 weeks
Thailand, Bangkok, Chaing Mai District

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)


So I've definitely had a few challenging moments this past week when people have been trying my patience. It's been difficult to not engage and stay positive and hopeful, as is my goal, but I've managed. I've seen how it impacts my mission work, success and enjoyment.  In just this week- situations that could and would easily escalate don't. They just dissipate which is good. I just focus on my goal and on being Christlike. Sometimes I just have to fake a smile until it is real; if I keep my focus on Christ, it becomes real fast.

We had mission conference in Bangkok with Elder Evans of the 70 (He spoke during Priesthood session of conference this year, and I believe he's in our Area Asia Presidency) this past week. We went down a day early to do visa stuff for my companion, and so had an excellent opportunity to visit past investigators, recent converts, less actives, and other ward members of my companion (who has previously served in Bangkhae). It was an awesome experience and I was able to learn much from it surprisingly. It was very tender and loving seeing the interactions of these people, especially those who hadn't become members, as they reunited briefly with a missionary who taught them over a year ago.

Elder Evans came with the Spirit. He chastised us a little bit for how we've been proselyting because it hasn't been completely in line with Preach My Gospel. Then using the PMG and the Book of Mormon, he started to change our mission. We all left so inspired and ready to do good.

We currently have 2 people with baptismal dates. The first one is a 9 year old boy, Guitar, of a Less Active family. We've been meeting with them just about everyday for the past 2 or so weeks, to prepare him for this Saturday. Such a blessing. We've seen such a transformation come over the family as they've changed their family to the standards of the Gospel. Our other investigator getting baptized is an older women that we've been teaching for a week, ซ. สุวิมล. She is so humble and received confirmation after her first time praying on her own. She went to church the first week (second day knowing her), but she didn't go this week and we haven't been able to meet with her. This has made us sad, because she was progressing so quickly, and now she won't be able to meet her baptismal date. She's started helping a friend take care of her mom, because her friend has gone out of town. So I guess it's a good reason to not be available?


Interesting news from our mission office:

The Thailand Bangkok Mission has been approved to use full feature smartphones effective immediately. However, the roll-out of the technology will take some time. There are many things we have to do at the office level, and there are things that you must do also. The use of smartphones in our proselyting does not replace finding as described in Preach My Gospel, but it is simply a tool to make your work more efficient and to create additional opportunities for finding, teaching and supporting investigators and members.
 You will have access to various social media sights in order to communicate with investigators and members.
You will have the option to video call investigators and members to teach and to follow-up on commitments.


Exciting stuff! This week's challenge: Read and ponder Helaman 14:5!
--
เอ็ลเดอรื มอนทากิว
Elder Montague


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!