Back to Work

November 20th, 2017
5 months, 4th week
Thailand, Bangkok, Chaing Mai District

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)


Last Pday, we just went back up to Doi Suthep and did some shopping, then biked back down. Our FHE was with 2 relief society sisters and the other 2 sisters in our district (it changed a bunch last minute and worked out this way). It was a great evening, and the sisters left the spiritual thought.


This week has been filled with hospital visits. We visited two member referrals in the hospital on separate days, which was great! We also met up with an LA next to a hospital. It was crazy, and they were all different hospitals, so we've been biking like crazy.

President Johnson came up on Wednesday and we had interviews! I love President Johnson, and I love interviews. I try my hardest to be as open and honest as I can, and as a result I feel like they are very productive! We talked about some of my concerns and trials, about obedience, then he left me with a commitment to choose a commandment to be more obedient with (it was this transfer's interviews theme, not a hash at me for being disobedient).

My companion and I gradually got sick this week, with the worst day on Thursday. It hasn't been the most pleasant experience, but we pushed through and kept working. We were tired, so we got members to help us out with lessons! Yay! Member work! Making connections!

On Sunday, our investigator went through his baptismal interview! His family is officially no longer LA-they've come to church enough and have completely re-changed their lives for the Gospel and their focus on Christ. It's awesome to see their excitement and happiness over this time of us teaching them. We've changed the date again, and so on Wednesday, lil' Guitar will be cleansed and will have begun his lifelong commitment!




Today, we woke up early and went to "sticky" waterfalls. We straight up walked all up and down the falls. It was so much fun! We made 2 runs, and got so soaked. It was just super great. They were so steep, but we literally walked up them. We came back to email (it was a drive away), and from here we will leave to go to our FHE appointment- with Guitar and his family!

Because we were out in the sun and waterfalls having fun for like 2 hours, so I'm so tired and drained. I apologize for the brief email- I promise I did lots, had goods and bads, hit up lots of people. Somethings I'm trying to do is make less of a historical chronicling of my days in both my journal and weekly emails. I am trying to shift more towards more special and memorable moments, versus just "I taught these people on these days, ate at these times, studied here",





Fun Fact of the Week: Thai's have some of the most random nicknames, in both English and Thai. Examples of both mixed in: Guitar, Turtle, Sticky Rice, Gate, Gem/Blessing (WAY COMMON), Shark, Seven, Boss, Bling, Mark, Tan, Ford. . . the list goes on.


Some random people that wanted to take a picture with us.




Something we've (strangely) taught twice this week is Family History! So I'm all kinds of pumped over that again! I challenge everybody to add a story or some pictures to their relatives or even themselves on https://www.familysearch.org/ this week, and if you don't have an account (even if you don't have an LDS account), I encourage you to make one and complete the above challenge!
Thanksgiving is coming up! Feast up!

Love y'all
--
เอ็ลเดอร์ มอนทากิว
Elder Montague




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!