"Cal-i-for-nia [boys] they're undeniabl[ly great companions]"


November 4th, 2018
1 year, 5 months, 2nd week
Thailand, Bangkok, Thonburi Ward

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)

My new companion is coming from my first area, bangnaa. His name is Cole James Halverson and before his mission he's moved around a little bit including spending time in Texas, Florida, California (which he calls home), Utah as a student, and his family has since settled in Los Angeles. He bonded with his dad by going golfing together on the weekends. He has blue eyes that really contrast his often red face.

We got back from transfers very quickly - much much faster than I was expecting to. We were able to scramble together a few appointments for the next few days, cuz there wasn't really anything. We made some good progress with a lot of our investigators. The big family that we've been teaching has gotten bigger, and we have made baptismal goals with most of them. That was a big blessing when we did. The same day we did that we were able to give baptismal goals to a few others that we have been learning with. The Lord is showing us how much He's moving the work forward and He's entrusting us with His beloved Sons and Daughters to work with.

On Friday, Elder Meuhrs and President Callister came back! They were going to Pakistan but because of complications, they came back for a missionary devotional during their layover. It was really interesting because it was essentially a Sunday school class, but it was hosted by the Sunday School general president. So I feel like it was the most correct Sunday school I've ever been in. He basically taught us the Plan of Salvation and opened our eyes. He gave us loads of great scriptures. 

On Sunday we went to primary again. Sunday was fun. Afterwards we took the primary president to go visit the houses of all of the children that we are teaching from the big family. We talked with some of the parents, and it was awesome and we connected really good. What a blessing. We then took her to go visit a less-active member who has three children that told us he wants to start coming to church again. She knows him as well. We had a really good lesson with him.

So I'm easily distractible and I can get forgetful when I get distracted. A member gave me their friendship book, which is essentially a journal or scrapbook that other people will fill in with notes and pictures telling for that person, to give to one of the departing missionaries at home. I got home that night and it hit me that I needed to give it to him and I spent 20 minutes freaking out scouring our apartment looking for this friendship book. I thought I had lost it in the taxi. I felt so terrible and I've been praying so hard every day since Wednesday night for it to somehow miraculously show up. Miraculously, it did. Turns out I didn't even take it from the church. I don't know if I did just forget it at the church and how awesome that all worked out. All I know is that it's back and I'm grateful.

This past week I've been focusing a lot on repentance, because we're missionaries of Jesus Christ and one of the big hallmarks of Jesus Christ is the Atonement. I think I've said it before, but repentance is really just improving yourself and turning to the Lord and relying upon him. 

I meant to say it last week, but at the next available opportunity I went to challenge everyone to share their testimony at the next possible opportunity. I guess maybe to a friend, to a class, or at sacrament meeting. But sharing your testimony helps build it and others
At lunch with the Sisters
!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!