Happy Father's Day !


June 17th, 2018
1 YEAR, 3 weeks
Thailand, Bangkok, Minburi Ward

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)


Well good morning and good evening all! Coming to you live from the kingdom of Thailand, I am wishing you the happiest of Father's Days! Whether you are currently one, if you are going to be one in the future, or if you will be married to one ever, I give you a shout out now. Bask in the glory of this day for you.

Speaking of Basking, I sure did bask in the Sun a whole ton on Saturday! We had away sick Ward activity, where we went to a place called Sattahip, which is I believe the southernmost point of Thailand, excluding the tail. Not going to lie, I wasn't a big fan of the beginning of the day. We rolled into this Resort place around 7:308 a.m. They had us all wearing fluorescent safety vests, that said we were members of the church. Kind of like a just serve shirt, but more safe. They had a sit-down, and divided into four different teams. I was purple if you were curious. And then we proceeded to sit there. And sit there and listen and sit there. I was not happy with that. Because we were there for literally three or four hours just sitting there listening to this guy. He was supposed to be funny, but really he was rude, insulting, and crude. I'm very surprised none of the members got up to say anything about it, but they all seem to at least mostly enjoy him. It's really funny looking back through all of the pictures, because all the members are laughing, and then there's me. I look annoyed in all the pictures. And for good reason! Besides all the things I just listed about this guy, we were literally sitting on grass with the beach behind us. We wasted the good part of the day. And then we had a lunch break, which included a small little 15-minute Excursion to the beach, and then they made us all come back. 

At least the next hour or two was a little more interesting, because we did team building exercises. We did a thing where we had a skewer in our mouth and we had to pass rubber bands down a line, we did the whole blindfold follow the clap thing that is often attributed and compared to the Holy Ghost, we did a thing where we had to stack cans on top of each other but with rubber bands attached to very long strings. I'm not really sure how to explain that one, but that one was one of the more fun ones. And then we also had to move golf balls and put them on top of small glass cans, and we could only move them with chopsticks. I wrecked everybody else in my team at that one.

And then we were finally released! We tragically only had about 3 hours of play, but okay I did! In our mission, we are allowed to go into water up to our knee, so I hit up the sandbar and had a blast- even though all I could do consisted of standing in water and jumping waves. There was also a pool that we went and chilled by (others swam and I tried off. I didn't bring a change of clothes555.). I was so happy (and sunburnt, oops!)!

Now, for those of you thinking,
 "well Elder Montague. You're a missionary. You can't just take vacation days like that. You have to work."
You are right! We did. We had Three Investigators go, in addition to so many members. Including auxiliary leaders that I've been trying to meet with and talk with but have Loki been avoiding us. Less actives went, we had a few phone call lessons, and I even contacted some people and sent them to missionaries in other areas as a referral. It was a lit day.

We were going to have to investigators baptized on Sunday, but they need just a little bit more work. So probably next Sunday. But I'm so excited for them! They're going to do it!

We had to switch off this past week, and I switched off with Elder Sudekum, you just so happened to have been my companion for the past two transfers. I was a fun time. We've both changed so much and just the short time we've been apart. That was a happy moment to see that change.

I'm sure a lot of other, very memorable things happened this past week, but I can't really remember them, and I'm just about stumped with writing emails. So I again wish you a Happy Father's Day!

I'd also like to remind everybody about their Heavenly Father. We all take this day to recognize, remember, and honor our Earthly father. The one that raised us in this life, and gave us this body. But I testify that we have a Heavenly Father. A Father who loves us so much more, who has known us for so much longer, who raised us as Spirits before this life, and truly has our best interests at heart. You might not think He is as present or active in your life, but I promise you He is. He tries to talk to you, and bless you, and give you so much more than you can imagine. It's the reason we are here- to receive literally everything he has, should we choose the right path! It is such an awesome concept! And it all starts with prayer. I challenge you to talk to your Heavenly Father. It's not hard, it doesn't have to be long or eloquent, it just has to be from the heart. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!