Well it's been a hot minute...

March 22nd, 2018
9 months, 4th week
Thailand, Bangkok, Surin Branch

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)

So zone conference tomorrow, which means pday was moved to today (Wednesday). We are spending it traveling to Roi St at a ridiculous time, having our interviews with the mission president, an activity, and practicing for our musical number. It's also been very hot lately, hence the title. 

Last week was filled with a lot of long events in the morning. We visited a member who lives really far away from the town(she has kids she wants to be baptized!), did some service, had switch offs (this time I went to Buriram with Elder Bevan). We went to a post-graduation picture session thing at the university to support a member), and passed stomach issues to each other #ท้องเสีย

I'm really tired at the writing of this, and I'm on a hard-to-type bus, so this email is going to be short. 

There were some low parts of the week, but we are definitely on the rise overall. This week was better than last, and we are seeing some improvements i
n the branch. I have been personally more committed and I'm excited for both zone conference and the next working days, to really apply myself and do better. 

I found an awesome language learning activity!!! I made a game of memory using like 2 dozen words. It was fun, challenging, and I learned all the words! I'll definitely be using that in the future. 

We had a really good lesson last night with a member about our priorities. We had him write a list of anything he has ever given more importance than the gospel to (school, tv, games, work, friends...). To help him with absolute honesty, only he saw what he wrote; we didn't look at it. Then we asked him: of those things, what will still matter in 5 years? 10? 50? 1000? In eternity? Then we asked: what will actually matter in eternity? We had him write those things down on a separate list. We have him homework to go home and ponder the two lists, and to reevaluate his priorities. I challenge everyone to do this right now or tonight. The things we give importance and our attention and that we treat as a priority now will be the same in eternity. So is watching one more episode actually that important? Or should you probably read yp ur scriptures and nourish your spiritual health? Do you really need 5 hours of co outer games? How much time could be reallocated to spending time with family?

I know the Lord blesses us for TRYING to follow Him and better ourselves, which is more than we deserve. So take advantage of the blessings we are given, and soar!

I love you  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!