The Start of the Journey





First, I'd like to thank everybody that has given support, encouragement, love, and attention before I left. I appreciate everyone making me feel special in church, on social media, in person, and through their actions. It has helped me and my family as I finished my preparation to leave for my church service.
Getting ready to leave has been tough, and not just because I pushed just about everything to the last minute. This mission has been a long time in the works (19 years actually), and I have been nurtured and shaped to be who I am from my parents, siblings, friends, peers, teachers, advisers, fellow committee members, officers, thespians, soccer players, young men and women in the ward, the kids I babysat, the lawns I mowed, the time I spent at camp, my year at BYU, my callings, my hobbies and interests- literally everything. I could not be who I am, doing what I am about to embark on, were it not for all the good times and the bad ones that I've been blessed to share with y'all.
I have had so many cool experiences, but I know nothing is going to compare to the next two years! I am beyond excited and nervous for this opportunity. For those not of the church, I am voluntarily giving my money and time and service for the next two years in Thailand, as an official representative and missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (check out more info here or here). I encourage you to explore more on those two sites as to what I am dedicating my life to and why (hint: it's to share the eternal happiness I've found in the Gospel)!
Join me on my journey as I train at the Provo MTC then later as I serve in the Thailand Bangkok Mission!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!