MTC Bound

Day 1
May 24, 2017 Wed
Provo, UT 

I've finally arrived at the Missionary Training Center (MTC), my home for the next two months.
My flight over was lovely- I sat next to a nice lady who texted you a picture of me when I asked. The flight was smooth, and I think I napped some on the way over.


When I got to SLC, it was pretty easy to pick out the missionaries. I went out front to wait for my shuttle with a sister missionary I found. During our 2 hour wait period, we cycled through about 7 other missionaries who had family pick them up. It was a little stressful, because I couldn't use my phone to pass the time, so it seemed like it went on even longer than it probably did, but also because the MTC didn't actually give us any information about the shuttle, other than that we were scheduled for it. 2 other vans for the company we were waiting on passed by us and we were afraid we were skipped over. It finally came just as we had given up hope (our group had grown up to 4) and the ride was pretty chill- 2 sisters and 3 other elders.

Funny enough, the 3 other elders were all Panama missions. We did a quick companion study thing, then had some lunch. We were assigned temporary hosts, and I picked up all of my Thai language materials, went to my room (which is the 4th floor on one of the farthest buildings), I picked out my bed and closet thing (I have 5 roommates), then went to my classroom where I believe I will be spending the rest of the day.

My teachers are only speaking in Thai to me, so this will be interesting.

Until Pday!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!