I am 100% alive for 100% of this week


September 4th, 2018
15th month, 2nd week
Thailand, Bangkok, Minburi Ward

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)



I drove the car more this week! Is it still scary? Yes. It is "death". We also had the fun responsibility of going and getting the cars registered. But that was blessed by the Lord, because we went with one of the senior missionaries that oversees the mission finances, and while we were trying to park he went inside and some random staff lady worker had mercy on him.  She just took him around and did literally everything for both of the Mission vans with him. We literally walked in and called him and he was like I'll go get you some lunch. So we did. 

This week my companion and I switched with other companions 7 times this week.  One of the switches we did was with the assistance to the president because they had different responsibilities they had to cover.  So it made it hard for my companion and me to get much time in our own area - seemed like we had one day!   

An excerpt from my companions email.

"Elder Montague and I spent Monday evening in the office catching up on all out office work. While he put in baptismal records I figured out how to delete Maas360 off of the phones of previous missionaries who left their phones for the mission to use later. Maas360 is the app that controls what we can and can't do on our phones as missionaries, however, it is a third party app so we can't do touch it or change it or anything (contrary to popular belief. "Office elders can do everything that has to do with technology. Right?" I literally can do nothing. I am just a therapist that calms everybody down when they call us with their problems. It's fun.) ANYWAYS, this Maas360 app is unstoppable and is impossible to get off of our phones, BUT I figured out how to do it. I beat the monster app! I figured out how to factory reset the phones without bringing them into the Samsung store (previously the only option) This app is so stubborn that no one could figure out how to get rid of it or how to even reset the old missionaries' phones, but I did it! I'm proud of myself even though you all have no idea the headache this wonderful app that protects us can be. "

This week we were all so privileged to have Elder home or come through. That is why I did not email out on Monday, because I was too busy becoming best friends with yet another General Authority. He came and he... Well first off let's just go to the beginning of that day. He decided to come over to our house and do some scripture study with us and other Elders. So that evening was a little bit stressful as we had to clean up the house, as we accommodated an additional 6 companionships, and then we still had our other crap to do. But he came and we read the scriptures together. It was way fun. And then for Zone conference / mission to her, he gave us some very good insights into following rules, and a how to teach and find better as well.

A big thing that I realize now is that everything needs to happen through the spirit. Finding, teaching, speaking, preaching, feeling. All of it. Also I am reading a lot of talks recently about getting my life together. So figure out your priorities my friends, and you will figure out your life.

Most of my MTC District

Thai Ties - how we have fun :)
Doing a little shopping



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!