Teach me how to doug(las), teach me, teach me how to doug(las)


August 19th, 2018
14th month, 14th week
Thailand, Bangkok, Minburi Ward

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)


Honestly, this week has been a lot like last transfer already. We've had a lot of office work that we've had to do, including a lot of unexpected office work. In the little time that we are able to go out and proselyte, we have seen miracles.

Miracle such as contacting a whole bunch of people that were actually were super interested. We found over six people on Saturday, within a few hours. We didn't even have the full day. But all of the people that we did talk to, they were all talking about how they wanted to learn, how they wanted to bring their family to learn as well, and some of them were referrals from Members. It was way awesome! On Saturday, after finding all the new people and teaching a few lessons, we had over 20 people say they were possibly going to church, with at least 12 having confirmed it.

But 555 if you know anything about missions it's that things never go as planned. We ended up having 1 person go. 

We went to the airport once this week, and have plans to go thrice more next week. 

I seem to have forgotten in part how to be a regular missionary. My thinking and plans and actions have adapted to the needs of the office. My companion is helping me remember that it should be the other way around. He is a lot like me last transfer. I had just come off of my personal best transfer, I was on fire and I wanted to do so much, but we kept getting bogged down so much. I guess that fire slowly dimmed throughout the transfer and I ยอมแพ้ed a little bit. Good news is in this mission we are only in the office for 2 transfers - which means I am going to work on building myself back up! I also think that the Hammonds have settled in a lot more, which means less special tasks. We are using our time more effectively!
I don't really have much else to say. It's been weird sending so many people home. I have a small mix of emotions. But I am building myself even as I build those I ดูแล. Excuse me if I don't email back or if it is of lester quality. I anticipate that will get better next transfer. โชคดี


Trying out colored contacts for fun


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!