"Oh my gosh no delete it" -shaunte


August 1st, 2018
14th month, 1st week
Thailand, Bangkok, Minburi Ward

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)



This is been a very long, exciting week. Sometimes throughout the week I think about my weekly email, in about what I want to share what I want the theme of it to be. Well I don't remember all of them, I remember I came up with a lot this week. During this week I was lifted up, I was humbled, there was a focus on my Savior. 

Random addition to my weekly email. So I've had a few stress dreams This week. I used to think my stress dreams always follows whatever I was most stressed about. But on my mission I found that it's not necessarily that. I have the same stress dreams. They are all about school and the homework I didn't do and the terrible grades I know I'm going to have. So if you're curious about what stresses me most, apparently it's not eternal damnation or anything like that. Nay, ya boi fears bad grades more than death. 

One of the things you've been trying to do is talk to more people. So in our time walking on the streets going to and fro places we are trying to talk to more people. I am also trying to follow guidance to the Holy Ghost and speaking and teaching the people he has prepared. I don't always follow the impressions because I don't keep in mind D&C 122:9 "fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever."

That's something I'm trying to work on. I'm trying to work on fearing no man, fearing no judgement, but having more love than that, "for perfect love casteth out all fear. (Moroni 8:16)"

This past week we haven't had to go to the airport a single time. As we are not having to sacrifice so much of our time for that responsibility , we haven't been in need of the huge Miracle of the Lord making what time we did have extremely effective. So this week, particularly last Wednesday, we have been subject to the plague amongst missionaries: cancelled appointments. Wednesday was rife with them. It is a sad and disheartening thing  to love these people and to want to give them the best thing that you can, and they just don't show up to get it.

But when they do show up, it is amazing. Missionaries love teaching so much. And then they accept those teachings, and they start to lift them, and they learn about Jesus Christ their Savior, you have the opportunity to be a part of their Changing Life. Last week we saw Sister ฝน (fon) being baptized. This week brought her son Brother สุเทพ (Suthep) into the waters. This last Sunday Brother แซ่ว (Xiao) was also baptized! These are such great, faith-filled people we've been teaching that baptism wasn't something we pushed for, rather it was the next natural step (in fact Xiao called and asked us to move his date up a week!).

Sister Fon was confirmed on Sunday hours before her son was baptized. Lots of priesthood was used this last sunday. In addition to the above ordinances, we participated in 2 blessings, and there were 2 other baptisms from other conpanionships. Glorious!

This Wednesday email is a result of Zone conference finally happening. It was amazing. The first half president Hammond and others who gave trainings focused on Jesus Christ, His Atonement, and Their role in our life. The second half was turning our Focus to families, and how to find and teach them. It was very inspirational, and I'm happy to see how I have contributed to bring families unto the kingdom of God. 

Thailand is a very special place. Not to bash any of the other missions in the world, I'm sure they're all great, I'm sure my friends are serving in great places, but I have been blessed with the best place. The best mission. The Lord is preparing this land for many great things. He's bringing a template to this land. The prophet came. We have had two of the best Mission presidents this planet has probably seen for a hot minute. And I was called to come here in the midst of all of it.

 I've studied a lot of amazing things this week, things that I very much needed. I've also turn a big part of my focus to studying about Jesus Christ and who He is and was.


I am so happy of the decision I made to come on a mission. I am happy for this time that I came and for the people that I have been blessed to be in association with. This has really been some of the highlights of my life. I've also had some of the lowest points of my life on my mission. The difference is is that here I'm able to grow so much more because that is what I'm focused on. As much as we are helping other people we are also helping our self. I'm getting so much immense benefit and blessing out of being a missionary. I want hundred percent recommend it to anybody and everybody that is able. @matthewavaolivia @myrecentconverts


Read the Book of Mormon! It is Another Testament of Jesus Christ. Through it you will be able to best come to know your Redeemer. จงเชื่อฟังข้าพระองค์และอ่านสิ

Shout out to my first real solo/duet performance. Warning, not that great





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!