เชียงใหม่ x3


December 4th, 2017
6 months, 2nd week
Thailand, Bangkok, Chaing Mai District

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)

Still here in Chiang Mai! My Wednesday evening and Thursday consisted of getting down to Bangkok, picking up my new companion, and returning to Chiang Mai. It took literally so long, but that provided ample time to begin getting to know my new companion and district members.


I feel bad but I really don't have too much to talk about. Between the travels, shortened time between Pdays, and the fact that we spent a lot of time getting to know the area through weekly planning and some appointments. We've had lots of good meetings and another hospital visit (to a member). I had an interesting experience where we went on splits where I helped with tithing and my comp went to the hospital to give the sacrament.
My new companion is Elder Joseph "Joe" Holland from Tigard, Oregon. He will be reaching his year mark in country with me (which means another trip to Bangkok for reupping his work visa) is so much fun.  It is helping me have a great time blossoming into my full missionary potential!

For Pday today, we went to Doi Inthanon and had all kinds of fun! We hit up the waterfall again (second time being here) and took lots photos and time. We have a little bit of time before going to FHE at out district (stake) president's house with the sister missionaries and some members and Recent Converts(RC's)!

I've really been having so much fun here in Chiang Mai, and I don't know if it's the new companion, cooling air, Christmas season, or my personal goals.  But I have been so happy and laughy this past week! I do want to attribute it in part to my participation in the Light the World campaign (25 ways in 25 days). I am having so much fun finding ways to complete the theme for the day and bring light to the world! I encourage you all to do the same!
Love you parents! Y'all're awesome!

My message to you is also Light The World. It is a worldwide movement to serve those around you. The purpose is to spread some love during this Christmas season. CHECK IT OUT HERE. There is also a calendar for the month of December that shows 25 ways to serve over the 25 days leading up to Christmas. They are so simple, but so effective. I encourage you all to visit the website and participate! It's going to be so great, and I'm pumped to do it and to share the Christmas spirit in a country that recognizes the holiday only in malls and sales!

-- 
เอ็ลเดอร์ มอนทากิว
Elder Montague

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!