"Not all those who wander are lost are lost" - J.R.R. Tolkein

December 11th, 2017
6 months, 3rd week
Thailand, Bangkok, Chaing Mai District

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)



We started the week with a switch, and I was with my น้อง (the MTC group below me), Elder Thornock. It was SO much fun, and I was actually the senior missionary (I've had a few similar experiences when I led the area, but this was created more responsibility for me and I enjoyed the experience taking me out of my comfort zone). We had a blast together!



So the email title. Even though I have been in Chiang Mai for 3 transfers, and this is my second time leading the area, I managed to get us terribly lost 6 times this past week. I don't know how, and I don't know where I went wrong, but I just kept taking the wrong turn and putting us way out of the way.  This caused us to do a lot more biking than we would've needed to. You know how much I love biking in a tie and pants - so I frustrated myself. BUT, we must've been doing something right, because we managed to get commitments for lessons by four new investigators.
The highlight of the week was when แม่ สุวิมล ([mom] suwimon) got baptized. We've been teaching her since the very beginning of November and we knew since lesson 2 that she was going to get baptized because she told us she knew someone was listening to her prayers and you could feel the Spirit bearing the truth of her testimony.  I had the privilege of baptizing her and one of the Sister's investigators yesterday. It was such an awesome experience!
  

Today we went back to the slippery waterfalls. We did it twice again, then went to the little pond/trail thing we did last time, except we kept going. There was supposed to be a buddha in a cave, but I guess we took a few wrong turns. We ended up going a long distance on this jank of a little trail, but we weren't worried as we passed a little hut and there were tire tracks the whole way, so we weren't bushwhacking. We ended up coming to a dead end where we wouldn't be able to loop around like we thought we could in time; so we turned around and headed back. We were with the Sisters, but then we weren't - they found their  way back before us. We ended up coming out onto the road, which was on the opposite side from where we were supposed to come out. Luckily I recognized where we were and it was a short walk back to the parking lot. 


Christmas is coming up! We have started practicing musical numbers for our various branch parties and for zone conference, which is scheduled for 4 days before Christmas. We will be receiving our phones then- right in time for Christmas skyping! Love for this season! I've been going strong with the #LightTheWorld campaign makes the season even more enjoyable. Have you?

Love! Merry Christmas! Jesus loves you too!


เอ็ลเดอร์ มอนทากิว
Elder Montague

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!