Halfway through Para-Thai-se

Day 28
June 20, 2017 Tues
Provo, UT


 Most of our zone went through the temple with our Elder from Thailand, which was a very exciting thing for us to experience together. Our Tuesday devotional was by Elder and Sis. Nielson of the 70.
More free stuff after my service on Friday! Literally makes my day.


I ran into Ashlyn Taylor going to Washington Spanish speaking, she was in my BYU FHE (Family Home Evening group).


I did my first interviews as District Leader, for the 2 companionship's in our district.  This was really my companionship and the zone leaders - who interviewed me following my interview. Because of my assignment, I had two leadership meetings on Sunday.  The first meeting required me to tragically wake up early.  But Sunday ended on a good note at the Sunday devotional which was by DONNY OSMOND.  Although I vaguely knew him from songs credits to I'll Make a Man Out of You from Mulan that was about the extent of my knowledge.  But after he told us how big of a deal he is, I'm much more enthusiastic now :).  Actually though, he was so refreshing and unorthodox- it was amazing! Think millennial in a an older dude's body. He has a bunch of kids that all served or are serving missions.  Because of his experience it allowed him  to make some surprisingly good thoughts with us. He ended with singing Whenever You're In Trouble.

Saturday, we started singing from the Thai script hymn books. Though slow, I guess we are getting better. They've really started pushing us with reading script, so I can do it very slowly. The vowels aren't as bad as I thought- each vowel has a specific spot it exists in (compared to my thinking that they could go literally wherever they wanted). There's just a bunch of consonant clusters, vowel combinations, and sounds that are so similar. One of the things I found out is the only difference between saying "I like to ride horses" and "I like dog poop" is tones.
Everything else is just a daily grind, doing the same thing essentially everyday.

Our physical activity time gives a good break to the grind. I'm proud to announce I got my overhand serve in volleyball down, and I'm getting super good (like probably the best in the family).

We are officially half way through! It was marked by reassignment of seats in class. This is so blessed for me, as I am now under a vent, by a window, and with a better, more convenient view of the front of class. Our old elders have officially reached the field and emailed and sent pics! Highlight of yesterday!

p.s. These are some pictures of the Missionary Training Center where I'm at.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!