Bangkok Basics

October 1st, 2018
16th month,  2nd week
Thailand, Bangkok, Thonburi Ward

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)




So last week there was some kind of malfunction with my email. I want everybody to know that this was not intentional. I composed and sent my email on Monday, and I think it just delayed sending for a little bit. Sorry!

Digging for the bug that got inside
 my clothes and started biting me
We had a full weekend in Bangkok! This was the week of return appointments for all of those that we contacted last week. Not all of them were kept- some were changed, some were ignored, and some blocked us? But we are back in our grind. There's not too much to report. We had a day where we were able to go out and got lost.  So we go exploring (fun story I was attacked by a bug and ended up having to somewhat undress to rid myself of the menace), we're still doing a lot of contacting on boxes around the church and our house. These are the places we have been, and we always supplement missed lessons with inviting.

We're getting to know the members of a lot more and becoming better acquainted with the area.  The district is starting to split things up so we can "divide and conquer" more efficiently.

We had interviews, which were lovely. I always love meeting up in discussion and council with someone with the sole purpose of being helped and edified. 

This week I also had the opportunity to renew my work VISA, which meant I got to see everyone from my MTC group again (the people that came at the same time as me). It was awesome to reminisce and see how much we've each grown. It was also a bit of a wakeup call- half of my sisters go home in 5 weeks, the other half in 11. Like, missions apparently do end and I need to be prepared for that. Hopefully I'll be prepared- I've started doing activities to better know myself and to start making decisions, as mentioned in an earlier email. 

Our MTC district reunited!

That's all I have to say! I want to just leave everyone with the fact that the Light of Christ is the Spirit, which is happiness. I always feel so much happier and better when I feel the Spirit. And it's so much easier to feel the Spirit when preaching the gospel- which anyone could do!

Another beautiful sunrise -
while my parents were having their sunset



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!