The Lord's Work Won't Be Stopped


May 27th, 2018
1 YEAR, 4 days (bit of a milestone!)
Thailand, Bangkok, Minburi Ward

samuel.montague@myldsmail.net (I would love to hear from you)


What a blast of a week. This has been literally so crazy. I know I've sent this quote from the scriptures before, but I'm going to send it again: 

"... I am able to do mine own work" 
2 Nephi 27:20

Starting Sunday, my companion had started experiencing some stomach issues and pains.  We got some medicine for him, but it didn't really help. On Tuesday, when we went to district meeting, he were still hurting a lot. We ended up calling the nurse, and get direction to take him to the hospital. And so begins the epic tale of the hospital.

After much testing, probing, and IV's, we ended up staying the night at that hospital. The next morning, they wanted to do a CT scan. Our insurance was only reimbursing us at that hospital, and I had been paying upfront but didn't have enough to keep doing more tests. So we ended up transferring to Bangkok hospital, which was a lot nicer, and our insurance would cover it completely. They did more testing, probing, and IVs. This time they threw in an ultrasound, X-ray, and CT scan as they checked to confirm then later prepare for his appendicitis. He ended up having surgery that evening. It was a wild two days that I spent with him at these two hospitals, as we went between doctors and nurses, trying to figure out what was going on, then taking care of the issue. I didn't go home during this time, so we were both a little grodie. Both hospitals did provide some pajamas, and some showering supplies so I at least got to do that. It was a little bit difficult getting food, so my diet was not the best.  I did buy some toothpaste, floss, and a toothbrush on that second night.

The next morning began the switch offs. We've rotated several people through the hospital as my companion recovered, so I could still work in my area. I literally experienced so many miracles during this time. I was able to make a lot of last minute appointments and investigators were keeping commitments. We have an investigator, ซ. แพม (S. Pam), who kept her reading assignment homeworks, prayed like she was supposed to, and received an answer of the truthfulness of the gospel. She wants to be baptized! Two other investigators, บ. แซม และ บ. มัว (B. Sam and B. Mua) were really keeping their commitments as well. They are developing their faith and are so amazing.

This area continue to progress, and we continued in missionary work, even though we were only at half functionality for the companionship. In the mission, we have a standard of excellence for our "key indicators"- how many new Investigators, investigators at church, investigators with baptismal dates, and baptisms/confirmations for the week. It can normally take the full week of work to reach the standard. This week, though we didn't quite reach it,  although we came very close for two of the hardest indicators. This is a miracle because we were barely in our area together. I think that if had I used the time better when I was waiting in hospitals with my companion to make calls or teach lessons through the phone; we would've achieved "balance" or meeting the standard of excellence. 

I'm in love with this area! The people are so great. There's a fun mix of biking and taxis. I smell baptism in the air!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time makes me uncomfortable

อาจารย์ คิ้ว

Oh (Chiang) Mai, time goes so fast!